Tuesday, April 1, 2008

"Onslaught"



I think that the Media - especially the fashion industry - is breeding a race of psychologically disturbed humans. Go to this website and watch the movie "Onslaught" :http://www.campaignforrealbeauty.com/home.asp


I've watched "Onslaught" a few times, now. The first few times I was alarmed, and it made me feel a little sick. The last few times, I've cried. When you see that sweet little wide-eyed girl walk by after seeing all those grotesque images, the contrast of her innocence is jarring - and the fact that she will have those images and messages try to corrupt her (and often succeed) is heartbreaking.

I mourn for the innocence that I've already lost to the fashion industry - but my resolve is steely. No daughter or son of mine will learn their self worth from the media without a good, strong dose of home-lovin' to help combat it!

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena