Friday, April 4, 2008

Super Dad's identity discovered!


I came down with a nasty bug this past week that started with a nasty sore throat and ended in a cold. I was so nervous that my boys would get it - Bill is nearing the end of his semester and can't afford to be sick. And I couldn't imagine how awful it would be for Wyatt to have a sore throat! He'd cry and it would just get worse!

Bill took precious time off school and work to stay home for a few days and take care of Wyatt and I. He put me on the couch with a pillow and a blanket and the Cosby show. He made me juice, and - get this - homemade chicken noodle soup! He even went out to get me a milkshake to make my throat feel better. As if that weren't enough - he took care of Wyatt day and night for those couple of days. He fed him, changed him, played with him, put him down for naps, even got up with him in the middle of the night so I could sleep.

Over those couple of days, Wyatt decided that this Dad guy was pretty darn cool. Bill can make Wyatt laugh better than anyone. Watching the way they play together is something else. Bill has a great instinct for fun. So now when Bill comes home from work and Wyatt hears his voice, he gets this big old grin and his arms and legs start pumping, and you know he's thinking, "Finally! The fun guy is here to play!"

1 comment:

MikkSolo said...

Way to go Bill! I think it's great you take care of your clan so well. I knew the first time I met you I knew that you would take care of my niece. You haven't let me down. Be careful though, your making the rest of us guys look like slackers.

 
Designed by Lena