Sunday, May 4, 2008

SOUP turns 19!

It's official - Megan has one year left of being a teenager.

SWEET 19!



Bill and I were in the car, and I recalled a song that Megan - aka Soup - made up when she was around three years old. It goes a little something like this...

Dust-a-dust!
Dust-a-dust!
Dust-a-dust buster,
in your face!

It was obvious then that she would rise to heights of creativity that her siblings had only dreamed of.

Other fun (embarrassing?) memories of Meg over the years:

- "scrinch and go" hair
- "My name is Suzie Q, and I like spiders!"
- wishing the cupboard "merry christmas"
- "it's about time!"
- Meg is sitting on the couch with mom and sunni, giving sunni one of meg's world famous back scratches.
Mom: Megan, knock knock!
Megan: ... BWAAAAAH (runs from room crying)
Mom: (following her) Megan, what's wrong??
Megan: you said to 'knock it off'!
- ringlets and gillies
- sledding
- gus gus the hamster
- rainbow the rabbit
- all the weekend movie and treat nights
- the case of the missing jelly-shoe at bear lake
- games in the foothills behind our house
- swim team ribbons
- ballroom costumes
- killer smile! (and the trail of drooling boys to prove it)
- her way with kids - she's a natural! When she takes Wyatt, I can totally relax.
- her extremely kind and giving heart
- staying up all night talking about scary stories or spiritual stories - often we'd
rotate between them!

Meg puts up with me embarrassing her all the time. She was a delightful kid who has grown into an incredible young woman. I admire her and consider her to be one of my best friends. I'm so glad she's my sister!

And that she's driving Bella, 'cause dag. Bella is a sweet ride.

1 comment:

Grandpa Rusty said...

What sweet memories - She has turned into a beautiful inside-and-out young lady! Her Dad and I are so proud of her kind and sweet nature. She is a great example to both of us!


Check out Dad's new blog at www.RussandTammyCard.blogspot.com

 
Designed by Lena